Hocking Hills Attractions and Things to Do
The Hocking Hills, famous for its hemlock and oak forests, fields of fern, twisting roads lined with day lilies, and Ohio sandstone caves, is much more than a vacation spot. Whether you're looking for an inspiring or fun weekend retreat or a new way of life, look no further.
Slow down, open your senses, balance your values, fall in love all over again.
- "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and to see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and... to discover that I had not lived."- Henry David Thoreau
Cherry Ridge Retreat borders these beautiful landscapes of unspoiled forests, ancient rock formations, waterfalls, rolling hills, lush valleys, winding rivers, and gently rolling meadows all teaming with wildlife.
The pace here is gentler, easier on the human spirit yet conveniently within reach of an outstanding highway system and is only one hour south of Columbus.
- Hocking Hills State Parks - Ash Cave, Conkle's Hollow, Old Man's Cave, Cedar Falls, Rock House, Cantwell Cliffs
- Hocking Hills Canopy Tours
- Lake Logan (fishing, boating, swimming)
- Robbins Crossing Pioneer Village
- Historic Washboard Factory
- Stuarts Opera House (Nelsonville)
- Horseback Riding Trails and Canoe Liveries
- Wayne National Forest
- Tecumseh! Outdoor Drama
- Hocking Valley Scenic Railway